Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer

I am being completely lazy and copying a portion out of a real bonafide letter that I am sending a friend, some of the information is redundant...please forgive...

Life here is busy. The kids look at me each day and ask “What are we doing today?” I feel like the Cruise Director, Julie McCoy on the Love Boat. Whatever happened to just playing?
Matthew tried out for the Squirt level Travel Hockey Team last week. He made the team and is very excited. I thought they accepted everyone that tried out but I guess it was a “REAL” tryout. Three boys from Matthew’s last year did not make it.

Hannah is keeping busy with figure skating. We will never go beyond the local competition level. She is very talented but doesn’t have the drive that Matthew has…she just likes looking pretty in the cute outfits…I think she takes after me in that area.


I will say that Hannah has Greg’s brain. She is extremely inquisitive, knows more than I do and makes my eyes roll to the back of my head with all of her questions. She does Power Point slides of animals for “fun.” Matthew has Greg’s engineering brain and talks airplanes non-stop.  He prefaces all conversations with “One question” or “Mom, I have a question.” However, it is never just one question…more eyeballs rolling to the back of my head. Many of these conversations take place in the car on the way to skating (a 30 minute drive) so I cannot divert their attention by asking them to pick up their room or go outside to play or “Hey, wanna watch Psych?” (Psych on Netflix Instant Play is our family past time when we get home from skating before bed)

And now you are caught up for today...

No comments: