Friday, June 14, 2013

June

Well, here it is half way through June, one third of the way through Summer Vacation and I have yet to sit down and write a post. I had illusions of updating my blog every single day...just so I could remember the things the kids say and do...my brain cells seem to be vanishing at an accelerated pace.

I have decided that it is official, Hannah is smarter than me. I am doing a lot of faking intelligence these days by having her look up the answers. She loves to make power point slides...for fun. She also talks a whole lot more than me. Right now, it exhausts me but one day, I will be very thankful when she becomes a teenager because if she ever does become quiet, I will know she is up to some thing...

Matthew has travel hockey team try outs tomorrow. He is so excited. His figure skating coach is very subtly trying convert him to a male or pairs skater. If he wants to change, I have no problem with it but I think Greg would have a stroke. I just want him to have fun. I have no ambitions of a national title because just at this hobby level the cost is prohibitive. I see some of the kids at the rink on the title course and I don't know how the parents can afford it, It is about $100,000 a year for that...they are at the rink all day, every day. Besides equipment, lessons, ice time (lesson cost and ice time are two different costs) , entry fee competitions and the cost to travel, you have to pay for the coaches travel. I don't see any change in the near future because that boy loves his hockey! He is also a Bruins fan :-) You would think he would like the Capitols since he lived in VA longer but no, Bruins.

While driving to Matthew's skate lesson today, I was subjected to a long discussion on Air Force planes, I think my eyes rolled to the back of my head because there were some things I could not answer. "Ask your father became a recurrent reply." My eyes tend to roll to the back of my head a lot during drives to and from the Skate Complex (30 minutes each way) and this is where I also discovered Hannah is too smart for me. Again, same reply "Ask your dad" or "Here is my phone look it up."

Okay, I will wrap this up and hopefully, write again soon to let all know how the try out went. (M moves up a level to "Squirts" and five team members from last year are not moving up so there will be a limited number of slots and EVERYONE from his Mite travel team are trying out along with kids who were not on the Mite travel team) 

No comments: