Thursday, July 28, 2011

Career Choices

We were blessed with being able to see the last launch of the Space Shuttle, STS-135. My impressionable 7 year old who already loves all things rockets, walked away from this experience with the desire to be an astronaut. I did not have the heart to tell him this probably wasn't a great choice being the last shuttle and all. (Had the shuttles performed the remaining 75% of their lifespan, maybe so but with the program canceled...probably not going to happen).

The news channels broke the bad news to M. So, showing great ability to adapt...he is going to be a professional hockey player. And last night, he let me know I could watch him on TV and he will give me some tickets to watch in person. So, in the future, I see a lot of dental bills. I can't complain though...during this hot summer that seems to have no end in sight...I'll take an Ice Complex over a hot stadium any day.

No comments: