Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Anglophile


I am not quite sure what is wrong with me these days but my spirit is yearning to go to England and France. I picked up a book in a doctor's office about The Heart of France put out by Victoria magazine and I suddenly felt this yearning to go there. I was watching Masterpiece yesterday and my heart just ached to go there. I am not sure what is causing this desire. It is unbelievably strong, it feels like homesickness, except I am not from there so I can't be homesick. I wonder if this is how my dad felt and why he was so excited when my brother decided to get married in England. Dad had all these British History books...I wonder if it is woven into our DNA?

Whenever I watch a television show set in England (and I watch a lot) I am absolutely mesmerized...the architecture, the landscape, the sounds, it just captures me. I never pictured growing up to be an Anglophile, it just happened.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/locations/index.html

No comments: