Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Vain Wench



I don't know about you, but to me, this just looks like chaos...I didn't skate...my friend, The Vain Wench did...

I put on ice skates in 2nd grade when the Bluebirds went to the local ice rink...I clung to the side rails like a drowning man. I hated every second of it. I thought if I could learn to roller skate, I could learn to ice skate, everyone can skate, right? Wrong. My mom loved to skate and we went once when I was about 18 (I had many unsuccessful previous attempts prior to this mother-daughter adventure) and a young man, who I think was hitting on me by trying to teach me skate said "Just skate like her." He was pointing to my mother. I am pretty sure that is the last time I put anything on my foot with the word skate in it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least my skating was uneventful. I probably could have picked up the pace a little. My legs weren't even sore the next day. :)

-Vain Wench