Thursday, December 24, 2009

Moments

Christmas Eve and I just got the best present of all...and it didn't cost a penny. Let me set this up...My husband's family always opened their presents on Christmas Eve. My family only opened one present on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning. My husband's tradition won out...which as a woman is not a bad thing. I have on make up, my hair is brushed, and the kids don't wake up at 5 a.m. looking for their presents from Santa.

Tonight, we went to dinner and I met the family right after playing Santa. We had a long wait, the kids were tired and hungry and I believe you can fill in the blanks.

We went home and found Santa had arrived, presents were opened, joy was everywhere, the new kitty was introduced to the much beloved dog, Marley. (Marley's stuffing is about to fall out but is very loved. I will have to share the picture I took this morning of Marley sleeping) H fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. M is talking away and asked me if I knew what his favorite present was...I went down the list, drums? Shuttle plalyset? Leapster Star Wars game? No, no and no. I asked what his favorite present was...and here is my gift...his answer was "you."

No comments: