Thursday, November 19, 2009

Harvard Hall


I was still searching for my favorite autumnal pictures of New England when I came across this picture. Harvard Hall. This blog entry is for my AL friends who know that I call my vehicle, John Harvard.

Last year, I decided it was time to pick a team to go crazy for during College Football season. I offered my allegiance to the whichever Alabama team with the most devoted fan that could bribe me for my devotion. The best offer I received was a box of teabags to yell "Roll Tide." College Football is the foundation of Southern Culture, Fridays in the fall are colored with cars adorned with flags, people in their spirit wear and year round...license plates with War Eagle, Roll Tide and an occasional Tennessee support. I love my friends, couldn't pick a team, and I settled on Harvard, guaranteed to not give offense to anyone...I'll bet the college's own students couldn't tell you last week's score or even who they played...Ask a Bama fan and you will get a play by play account...so while people here cheer for the Crimson Tide...I just cheer for Crimson and drive John Harvard during chauffeur duty.

PS That would be Mr. M hiding under my shirt.

No comments: