Sunday, September 27, 2009

Days Two and Three

Yes, I know it is cheating to combine two days of Magical Fun into one blog...what can I say...I am a short cut kind of girl.

We survived the long day of driving without throwing anyone overboard. No naps were taken by the Little People...a nap of sorts was enjoyed by yours truly. We found a Sonny's barbecue (a favorite from our days of living in Georgia) and we had a really nice room at the Holiday Inn in Orlando (Chef Mickey reservations on Sunday necessitated us being here a day early...don't want to miss posing with Mickey over not so great food).

Sunday morning we checked out of the Holiday Inn and into the Animal Kingdom and off to Chef Mickey we went...the kids had a blast and ate a lot of "Kid Food" i.e. no vegetables or fruit but ice cream and pizza. We got pictures with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald Duck. Hurray! We won't have to stand in any long lines in the park now for the obligatory pictures. I won't do my food critic review because...well, it just wouldn't be nice.

After lunch, we hit the Magic Kingdom and I just pulled out my camera to take the wonderful shot of the kids with the Castle, Main Street and pumpkins for the background when great big giant raindrops began falling from the very black sky. We hid under the entryway while the deluge passed by. Our first ride...the train. M loves his trains...second ride? Pirates...Mom loves her pirates...and then deluge number 2. Fortunately, we had just purchased some cold drinks and had seated ourselves at a covered patio...rain left and humidity of astronomical levels replaced it. UGH. A nice shower was all I wanted...and air conditioning. I am not a heat loving gal. I overheard a girl behind me in the line for Splash Mountain go on and on about how much she loves the humidity. Not me, I am a born and bred desert rat. I have lived in a humid climate for the last 13 years and I am still not adapted to it. Sultry level just leaves me wilted.

I will say that seeing the firework display and Tinkerbell fly (my first time seeing her fly ever) was well worth standing in the still heavy air feeling the moisture roll down my neck and everywhere else. It really was a fantastic sight...Disney has a way of doing things big...you just got to appreciate the attention to details. Now...if they could just fix the thermostat in our jungle room...it says it is 67 degrees in here...au contraire...I should be shivering...so not.

That wraps up days two and three of the Disney Adventure...can you tell I am tired? But I am clean...and that says a lot because man, it is sticky icky in the place where dreams come true.

No comments: