Saturday, July 25, 2009

Farm Town

I started playing Farm Town. Why? Because I have a dearly loved girlfriend that I felt guilty saying "No" too. I had no problem saying "No" to Yo'ville...why would I want to go work in a pretend world? But, once I heard I could grow flowers in a pretend world...well, okay, I will do it. I have to keep bugging my girlfriend, THE Vain Wench, who, as it turns out, was quietly playing Farm Town, also. I guess I teased her so much about Mafia Wars, she decided not to share her guilty pleasure with me.

So,I got a farm. I plowed a field and I planted some grapes...I really want flowers but apparently, there is no money in harvesting flowers...and I had to work my way up to a level where I could plant sunflowers. I will say the rasberry fields look like roses and the ripe grape fields are a pretty purple.

I must be bored because suddenly moving up levels and buying a silo and a barn became my only goal in life. I also go visit the The Vain Wench's farm because it is so pretty. Sigh. My fields don't line up, I don't have the massive amounts of flowers...What is a girl to do?

My first day harvesting rasberries for a pittance I might say was awful...I harvested for an hour and didn't make one coin...a glitch in the system...I sounded out The Vain Wench...I need farmin' tips. She generously shared her knowledge. I learned you make money harvesting and the plowing moves you up levels...Suddenly, I wasn't so bothered about plowing all those fields for a measly five coins per field.

Today was much better. I farmed for a young woman in Singapore. She was quite chatty so it took awhile to get through all the work. She asked me to add her as a neighbor. I am stumped on this...I don't want to add a stranger on Facebook but that is the only way to be someone's neighbor. Is this a minstry opportunity or a disaster waiting to happen? The best part about today is I got my barn and my two benches...oh, how I wanted some benches.

To sum up my farming experience, I gotta tell you it is so much more fun farming in the pretend land of Farm Town...no sweat, no itchy eyes (I can have a cat and a dog) I can drink tea as I plow and harvest, I can shop to my heart's content without my husband yelling at me...on the downside? I notice The Vain Wench isn't reading my blog anymore...she's too busy farming. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! That last comment was funny and unfortunately, true! I will do better at staying involved in real life. Btw, your farm looks great & you have tons of flowers now...especially white roses. I can't wait until they bloom! Listen to me talking about a pretend farm! See you at FarmTown, Saucy Wench...

-the Vain Wench