Thursday, July 30, 2009

The End of Summer


Not literally but close enough...School starts in 9 days. Praise the Lord, Hallelujah, Yippee...I could go on and on. The termperature will remain hot and unbearable for at least two more months but the psychology of summer is coming to an end...lazy days that are picturesquely described in lemonade commercials are non-existent at this home. Our summer was filled with Dance Camp, Swim lessons, fighting amongst children, testing of this mom's psychological skills (I flunked) if I said "Don't do it" they did it and if I said to "Do it!" They didn't.

I spent every other day (not joking) cleaning the hardwood floors because they would walk around eating popsicles, pouring milk from the gallon container, hiding behind window treatments secretly eating the ice cream they were told to stay out of...I spent a week looking for teaspoons and soup spoons which all but disappeared (they have been found...insert more Hallelujahs here.)

The vacuum is on its last legs from over use...and as I key this...they are supposed to be taking a nap (a sheer act of desperation and a cry for sanity on my part) however, my cell phone keeps ringing...and it's them...I am getting crank phone calls from my own children...I do believe school starts in 9 days, 14 hours and 25 minutes. I think it is time to go play Handel's Hallelujah Chorus...

1 comment:

Chris S said...

You are hilarious. I'm counting the days with you. School sure does start early in your part of the country.