Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fantasyland









I am in Fantasyland. I am planning my trip to Tuscany. Why? Because I can...I figure Fantasyland is a much more interesting place than the roller coaster I seem to be stuck on...if anyone should be able to flip the switch to "off" I would be really appreciative.

Dreams of bucolic settings, landscapes which have mesmerised artists for hundreds of years, villages, ruined castles, fast flowing rivers, cities filled with art, and beaches surround me.

Here is my trip so far...I have discovered the rentals have vastly improved, they actually have shower stalls instead of a shower head on the wall and a drain in the floor. (This is really good because I am really prissy) The kitchens have been tiled and have updated appliances. (I wonder if this means one no longer has to haul in wood for the oven or pump water from a well to wash dishes) Castles are available to rent. (I'm in...as long as their is a shower stall and a toilet that will flush properly) I am picturing myself cooking some pasta in the Chianti region, sipping on the aforementioned Chianti and adjourning to the courtyard for my little dinner.

Pisa and Florence are the places to hit for Renaissance art. Excellent.

I also learned not to use casual eye contact with the opposite sex because it will be taken as flirtatious and there are dangerous Romeos seeking liaisons with foreign women. Hmmmm. Sounds like my trip to Mexico City...except I was 15, now that I am 47, I don't think this will be an issue.

I don't think my trip can come soon enough, who wants to come with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Julio put you up to this? By the way, count me in! Lisa's coming too, she just doesn't know it yet....

Dee Dee said...

I am so there with you! Take me, take me! Please?!