Friday, May 29, 2009

Forever Friends



I think the only thing I didn't like about being a military wife was whenever there was a family get together, I felt really left out. I really can't complain since I made some life long friends in my 19 years of dependent life...especially when Greg went to Test Pilot School. I remember the Commander's Wife giving the wive's a pep talk about the life long friends we would make while we were there. (I thought she was trying to soothe the women that had their first glimpse of Edwards and were trying to leave ASAP.) It really was true, life long friends who would walk through fire for you, no questions asked. All the Test Pilot students lived on one street, this had its good points and bad points...great impromptu get togethers but you could also hear everything in your neighbor's house...one night one of my pregnant friends jumped out of bed with a leg cramp accompanied with a scream of pain and the neighbor's husband woke up his wife and sent her over because he thought she was in labor. Very close quarters. You knew who was fighting and who was making up...But I did get my life long friends who are there...no matter what.

No comments: