Friday, February 13, 2009

Netflix


Netflix is my BFF. Today? Not a good day...did Netflix let me down? Nope. I spent the afternoon with my queasy stomach watching one of my selections. I would tell you which one but y'all already know that my queue is filled with everything BBC. Every now and then a PBS or HBO mini-series might crop up but after studying my queue...I discovered I am a closet anglophile. It is only appropriate that Netflix name the "I want to rent" list "queue."
My very first rental was John Adams...and neither Netflix nor John Adams disappointed me. Netflix was quick to deliver and JA was spectacular.

My best friend, Netflix, is saving me again...I broke down and ordered something not for me but for my son. He has turned into a Star Wars lunatic...and he has never even seen the movie. I thought it time I think of someone else and share my Netflix. My altuistic act has turned into a lifesaver. It is now babysitting my children on a night when I need to just sit still and not move...sudden movements will make greenness...bad, very bad (and this isn't the environmental kind of green...although it could be become an environmental issue.)

I saw Star Wars in the dark ages. It was a big event. My oldest brother took me and his girlfriend to see it in Westwood. I have no idea if Westwood is still THE Place to see new releases but it was then. I liked the movie...that is saying a lot for a non Sci-Fi girl. (Maybe it was just Hans Solo and Luke Skywalker?) Boy, the world has changed since I first saw Star Wars...there were no video recorders, no DVDs, 5 channels on the TV, no cell phones...no texting, no cordless home phones...we were attached to the wall in a place where the whole family could hear a conversation (and if a boy called, everyone knew), no answering machines...(OMG!!! How in the world did we survive and have a social life?) And most importantly, in the Dark Ages, we didn't have Netflix...

1 comment:

Zach said...

Your son is a smart boy. Star Wars is amazing. :] Oh, and I recently added Netflix to my XBOX. I can stream some movies and shows directly to my TV. I love it. And by the way, my parents' first date was to see Star Wars in theaters. My mom had left her jeans in the dryer too long or something and they had a mildewy smell so they had to leave early. LOL