Friday, January 9, 2009

Chick Flicks


Roo and I have a long tradition of watching Chick Flicks on rainy days...before H and M, we would usually pull out the Wedgwood tea set and insert Pride and Prejudice and have marathon Chick Flick time.

Life became a little busier with the addition of H and M and chick flick time has been drastically reduced...we're happy if we can watch Friday Night Lights in the same room.

However, Chick Flick time took a turn with Roo's college break. Roo joined me on the couch for Band of Brothers and The Longest Day. This was delightful to share an interest of mine with my eldest child. There is a funny side to this...my dad was passionate about history also, but he didn't think girls should be so my brother inherited the WWII and Civil War books to my dismay and I got the Art books. I laugh as Roo and me share this interest...if he could see us...Would he be proud or ask what we did with Pride and Prejudice?

By the way, I am working on my own library for the American Revolution, Civil War (or the War of Northern Aggression, if you're a Southerner) and the two World Wars. History ain't just for boys and Chick Flicks can include hott soldiers.

No comments: