Sunday, January 11, 2009

Broken Hearts,Shattered Lives

"Hi Mom!" was my greeting by Rob. It was a big greeting with a smile that lit up his face...sometimes I was so distracted by my little people that my big person would have to say "Mom, Rob just said 'Hi.'" I would look up and see this big grin and huge wave coming from the McAllister's kitchen. My kids loved Rob, they would run up to him and give him huge hugs and he would inevitably give H a piggy back ride.

I read a MySpace bulletin once that my daughter responded to one time that asked "Who tells the funniest jokes?" Her answer was Rob.

Rob's passing is going to leave a lot of heavy broken hearts and some shattered lives. There will be a lot of "What ifs" and "I should have..." I don't think he would want it that way. I think he would want us to remember him for the laughs he gave us and to take care of his still new bride, comfort his family and treat each other kindly.

1 comment: