Thursday, December 18, 2008

Perfect Timing

Today was one of those days when it didn't look like anything was going to go right but everything did. God's timing is perfect.

Last week's Christmas Program was canceled for bad weather and re-scheduled for this morning. (Today's weather really isn't much better) As it turned out, my PreK student had a dentist appointment on the other side of town so he wasn't going to be able to attend and I would miss my 1st grader's recitation and singing. I sent my proxy, L/R for the big event. I dropped off H at 0800 and headed to the other side of town. I thought I would hit my favorite grocery store, Fresh Market since M's appointment wasn't until 0900. I got off the exit and found the power was out on that side of town. The shopping trip was not going to happen. I headed towards the dentist not sure if they would even be open due to the power outage. One block before the dentist there was an operable traffic light. Voila. Power.

We arrived 30 minutes early to the dentist and were ready to wait it out. They were able to get M right in since they sent all of the 0800 appointments home because the power was out and it had just returned. Perfect timing. M had perfect teeth, a perfect polish, received two Red Robin certificates, a toothbrush and we were out the door. We travelled through the fog and drizzle and made it to the Christmas Program on time. M got to sing and I was able to watch H. Perfect timing.

I left the Prek through First program to discover I was trapped by the 2nd through 5th grade parents. The parking was nuts and people did not engage their brains when parking their cars. Many of us were stuck because exits were blocked by cars. I felt sure I was going to be stuck until the second program ended. I was in the perfect location to see my dear friend, Susan, and we struck up a conversation while waiting for a path out of the school. A path cleared and we decided to hit Starbucks while waiting for the 1130 release of PreK. Coffee/tea and no kids. Perfect timing. And thanks to Susan for treating me to my tea. :-)

No comments: