Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Little Helpers


I am a blessed Mom. My kids are always helping me. It is so wonderful. For instance, I started this year's handmade Christmas cards last August. My crafting friends always look forward to their handmade Christmas card and it is my little gift of love for each one of them. This year's card was about Joy. Joy was stamped for the front, Christmas paper behind, a definition of joy inside and a picture of my three beautiful helpers inside.

Labor Day Weekend is what I refer to as the Collision...for many reasons. The card was put on hold and just kind of sat in my crafting space. The Christmas season arrived and my little helper, M, decided those pieces of paper would make The Perfect Train Tickets for punching. Have you ever seen The Polar Express? M is the conductor making beautiful tickets with my hole punch and Joy cards. I have lots of little pieces of confetti decorating my house and not very many stamped Joy cards for the front of my card.

What to do? I went to Shutterfly and put the precious picture of my little helpers (I think we took 48 pictures before I waved the white flag and decided this was the best of the bunch). My oldest helper hates the picture but since she is not paying for the card...tough. M looks goofy (making a face like usual) H is posing (where did she learn that???) and L/R feels she doesn't look as lovely as she would like. Mom wins. Cards are ordered. Cards arrived. I am addressing...I decided to go semi-handmade and stamped the envelopes. For those of you receiving this family's 2008 Christmas card...ignore the ink smudges. Thank you.


No comments: