Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I Made a Wrong Turn in Albuquerque

"Hey Lisa, I think I'm in Tennessee!" This was a joke when I called my friend...I kept driving and was wondering if I would hit TN or MS first. When I finally called my friend to find out where the heck her house was...I got directions, turned around and saw the "Welcome to Alabama" sign. (I knew was in trouble when there was a sign with "Nashville" and a right arrow!)

I give up on google directions and my Tom Tom GPS system. This is the second time in 8 days technology has let me down. Tom Tom couldn't find Donna's house last week so I thought I would do the "old-fashioned" method and get google driving directions...Google left out a very important right turn.

On the bright side, we did make it to Lisa's (thank you cell phones, see not all technology is evil) and the kids played in the country. I sat on a sunporch and indulged in my Starbucks tea...okay, I am not a true country girl and I take pleasure in city comforts like drive-thru coffee houses with real brewed iced tea.

And the best news? I made it home without ending up in Mexico.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm finally catching up on blogs...it's like reading a good book. I was excited to see I made it into your blog!

Permberly said...

Yeah, I forgot to include the part when I had a heart attack when the kids disappeared...

Permberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.