Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Joy

joy (joi) n. 1: a very glad feeling; happiness; delight 2: anything causing this very glad feeling; happiness; delight 3: anything causing this.
This Christmas I found I had misplaced my joy. Yesterday, I suddenly found it. I was driving H to school and I put in The Polar Express CD. I looked in my rear view mirror and M's head was bobbing up and down and suddenly he was making train chugging motions with his arms. M's smile was ear to ear. H joined in and the two were delightful to watch. I found my joy.


M was convinced he needed glasses (both of his parents were them) and on Thursday he earned enough stickers in his PreK class to get into the Treasure Box. Getting into the Treasure Box is the highpoint of a PreK student's life. M came home with these glasses. What mom could not fall down laughing when seeing her son sporting these four eyes? Yep, that's my boy.

No comments: