Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Gators

M has been asking every morning if today is Christmas. He declares "Oh man!" when I tell him it is not Christmas and won't be for a few more weeks. He then asks to open one of his presents. It is very had to say "No" to that sweet little face. He is quite the charmer and he is quite determined. He inches his way towards the tree, down to the presents, soon his little hand is moving the present, and I know any second that paper is going to be flying off. I devised a plan. I told him to not touch his present because there is a sleeping alligator in the box. This fascinated him. He wanted to know if his other box had a gator too. I said "Yes" and Sissy's boxes have the mice for him to eat.

The rest of the day has been non-stop alligator planning for Matthew. Matthew wanted to know where the alligators leash was. He is going to take his gator for a walk. He has informed me that on Christmas Day the alligator will not like girls and all the girls in the neighborhood cannot come near his alligator. This applies mostly to his sister, Hannah. The alligator will like girls after Christmas.

I put another box under the tree yesterday and he wanted to know if it was another alligator...what could I do but say "Yes."

I have a feeling that the really cool presents I bought for him are going to disappoint when he finds there is really no alligator.

I wonder if I could find a live looking gator before Christmas...I think my story is going to have serious repercussions.

No comments: